A GREAT AQUARIUM JUST GOT EASIER.
Tell someone you own a saltwater aquarium you will usually hear this:
“Aren’t those things hard to take care of ?” or “I had one once and everything died when…”
Sadly, the real pleasures of an aquarium are often overridden by the struggle of upkeep. Worse yet, aquatic animals are unnecessarily sacrificed everyday. A proper monitoring and control system for your aquarium solves both these problems.
Your animals deserve better — you deserve better.
ENTER THE APEX
– Prevents catastrophes by monitoring key parameters in your aquarium, takes corrective actions for you, and alerts you via your smart phone when things go off track.
– Monitors your equipment – ensuring it is operating correctly at all times – and lets you know when it’s not.
– Tracks your manual test results, maintenance, livestock purchases, and tank observations and helps you correlate issues in your aquarium to the things that are happening inside.
– Manages the full operation of equipment (lights, pumps, filters, ATO, etc.) on your tank with simple setup wizards and an easy to use app.
– Takes the place of many costly and cumbersome discrete components such as light timers, heater controllers, pump controllers, etc.
– Gives you the peace of mind to know how your aquarium is doing, instantly, from anywhere in the world.
For years we have advocated a wired network connection for your Apex due to its superior reliability – and we still do. However, for many people a wired connection is just not possible.
NEW EASY SETUP
New set up wizards and to-do reminders help guide you through configuring everything from temperature control, trouble alerts to your mobile device, and many other common aquarium tasks. With this new Apex, an aquarium controller no longer requires an advanced degree — you are up and running in 5 EASY STEPS.
The Apex is a self-contained monitoring platform built for reliability – for when things go wrong – It’s not just a toy to play with when everything is A-OK.
Every Apex has a built-in web-server (tech talk for its control software and built-in web interface) with complete functionality – even if the internet is down!
ENERGY BAR 832 – THE ULTIMATE POWER CONTROL HUB
When we decided to create an Energy Bar for this new Apex, we designed it from the ground up. Not only does the Energy Bar 832 have eight 120V AC outlets, but it includes an internal 100W 24VDC power supply as well. That power supply feeds three built-in 1LINK ports as well as two 24VDC accessory ports. And, each individual outlet has independent power monitoring and there are individual LED indicators for each outlet. Read on and watch the videos for more info.
NEW MOUNTING SYSTEM FOR BOTH APEX AND ENERGY BAR 832
Both the Apex and the Energy Bar 832 have an innovative attachment system that makes it easy to mount them up and also give convenient access to all the connections. The Apex mounts with just two screws. It has a hinged mount where you can flip it up, make your connections, and then flip it down, making it more difficult for water to enter the electronics via a cable. The Energy Bar 832 has a mounting bracket you screw to the wall with just three screws and then the Energy Bar slides down onto the bracket.
The Apex System includes probes for Temperature, pH, ORP, and Salinity. The pH and ORP probes are now double-junction as well so they hold calibration longer and have a longer lifespan than single-junction probes.